Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A Practically Paraphrased Post on Philosophy

Well. The title was alliterative..

I decided to do the teaching philosophy final assignment as I thought it would be most practical (which is just ironic, because I discuss how much I love creative writing projects in my paper...). I begin with talking about myself, and critically think about why it is I chose to become an English major. I came to the conclusion that much of my choice had to do with escapism. The worlds found in books are often more fun and entertaining than like, real life.

From there, I go into some teaching theory. I haven't really concluded where I am on the spectrum between Elbow and Bartholomae, whose name I will never know how to spell properly. I would like to think I am more Elbowian, but I have always craved structure, and why not give students all the tools they need? Despite my unknowingness, I have concluded that I am open to creativity. But who isn't? I wish I had done more creative writing throughout my schooling, and I believe it is a wonderful entrance into the world of academic writing.

I don't really know where my paper will take me now, but hey. Here's to finals.




No comments:

Post a Comment